Windsor Castle Opening Times and Closure Schedule
Windsor Castle is open daily throughout the year, except when is in use for official functions.
- March to October 2017: Opens 09:30 | Last admission 16:00 |
Castle closes at 17:30
- November 2017 to February 2018: Opens 09:45 | Last admission 15:00 | Castle closes at 16:15
Windsor Castle Closures
- 5 May 2017 - Last admission 15:00, closes at 16:30
- 19 June 2017 - Castle closed
- 25 - 26 December 2017 - Castle closed
Please remember as a working Royal Palace Windsor Castle is used frequently by The Queen for State ceremonies and official entertaining, and closures can occasionally occur at short notice.
State Apartments Closed
- 18 & 20 June 2017
Note: When the State Apartments are closed the Semi-State Rooms will not be open.
The Semi-State Rooms Opening Dates
The Semi-State Rooms at Windsor Castle are only open between September and March.
St George's Chapel
St. George’s Chapel is open Monday to Saturday.
The Chapel is closed to visitors on Sundays as services are held throughout the day.
Services occur at the following times:
- 08:30 – Holy Communion
- 10:45 – Mattins and Sermon
- 12:00 – Sung Eucharist
- 17:15 – Evensong
Worshippers are welcome to attend the services.
Changes to Chapel Opening / Closing Times:
- 20 May St George's Chapel closes at 13:00
7 July St George's Chapel opens at 10:30
25 August St George's Chapel closes at 12:30
23 December St George’s Chapel closes at 13:00
24 December St George's Chapel closed to visitors, but open for services
At peak times you can be waiting in the queue for an hour to buy tickets on the day. We recommend purchasing tickets online for a visit to Windsor Castle.